About LC Drives: LC Drives was founded in 2012 to pursue the development of innovative electric motors and generators with industry leading power density. The Company’s patented heat removal and manufacturing processes enable the design and manufacturing of electric motors with half the weight and size of conventional motors. Initial markets include marine, industrial, transportation, and wind. The company is seeking team members energized by a fast paced, collaborative, rapidly changing, and intellectually challenging work environment.
Position Description: Reporting to the Machines Engineering team, the Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for electrical design activities including:
- Designing, maintaining, implementing, or improving electrical equipment used in the manufacturing of liquid cooled motors
- Preparing specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
- Manage engineering projects, or portions of projects and deliver them on time
- Working with a team to build complex assemblies
- Working with technicians and manufacturing engineers during motor builds to troubleshoot problems and improve manufacturing processes
Required Experience / Skills
- BS or higher in related field
- Confrontable analyzing and solving challenging electrical design problems
- Familiarity with different manufacturing processes
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and an innovative designer
- Competitive salary
- LC Drives benefits
Location: Potsdam, NY