About LC Drives: LC Drives was founded in 2012 to pursue the development of innovative electric motors and generators with industry leading power density. The Company’s patented heat removal and manufacturing processes enable the design and manufacturing of electric motors with half the weight and size of conventional motors. Initial markets include marine, industrial, transportation, and wind. The company is seeking team members energized by a fast paced, collaborative, rapidly changing, and intellectually challenging work environment. Manufacturing of the electric motors takes place in Potsdam, NY. The engineering is based in Potsdam as well as a satellite office in Ballston Spa, NY.
Position Description: Reporting to the Director of Product Engineering, the Design Engineer will be responsible for electrical design activities including:
- Design and analysis of electrical hardware required for implementation of smart devices in electric motors.
- PCB board layout design and documentation.
- Creating and testing PCB board prototypes and then implementing design to be used in mass production.
- Smart motor will allow live data acquisition of motor performance including current, voltage, torque, speed, temperatures, coolant flow rates, vibration, etc.
- Smart board will generate a digital twin of the motor to compare real life performance with engineering models.
Required Experience / Skills
- BS or higher in related field
- At least two years of prior work experience
- Experience designing PCB boards used in industrial settings
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and an innovative designer
- Competitive salary
- LC Drives benefits
Location: LC Drives Satellite Office, Ballston Spa, NY (with limited travel to Headquarters in Potsdam, NY)
Interested parties should submit a resume to email@example.com