About LC Drives: LC Drives was founded in 2012 to pursue the development of innovative electric motors and generators with industry-leading power density. The Company’s patented heat removal and manufacturing processes enable the design and manufacturing of electric motors with half the weight and size of conventional motors. Initial markets include marine, industrial, transportation, and wind. The company is seeking team members energized by a fast-paced, collaborative, rapidly changing, and intellectually challenging work environment. Manufacturing of the electric motors takes place in Potsdam, NY. The engineering is based in Potsdam as well as a satellite office in Ballston Spa, NY.
Position Description: Reporting to the Director of Product Engineering, the Electrical Engineer will be responsible for design activities including:
- Design and implement software of embedded systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment.
- Design, develop, write, test and debug embedded system software
- Create product specifications, work on design and analysis, and work with motor product designers to implement required functionality including signal processing and data acquisition
- Interface with hardware design and development.
- Work with the manufacturing department and quality department to ensure functionality and reliability.
Required Experience / Skills
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Five years of prior work experience (job level can be adjusted for experience level)
- Hands-on development and troubleshooting of embedded microprocessors
- Programming in C/C++
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools
- Adequate knowledge to read schematics and component data sheets
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems
- The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and innovative designer
- Competitive salary
- LC Drives benefits
Location: TBD – preferred location is Potsdam NY but the possibility exists for location in Malta NY
Interested parties should submit a resume to email@example.com